Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Trip to NYC
On the 7th, I took the red-eye to New York to visit my Grandma, Aunt Nancy, and Aunt Mickey. My Mom was visiting as well, and we had a lovely time with Grandma. Although her dementia has definitely gotten worse, we were able to chat a bit, and more importantly spend time together everyday of my trip. On the 9th, I took my Mom to see the High Line, an amazing park in Manhattan. That evening, we took Nancy and her partner, Victoria out to dinner in the Village. On the 10th we celebrated Nance's 60th. After a walk along Riverside Park and a stop at Zabar's, Nance and I picked up Mom and we headed to the New York Botanical Garden. There is currently a Monet exhibit that was incredible. That evening we attended Nancy's birthday party at the Red Rooster Harlem. If you are a Food Network fan, this is one of Marcus Samuelsson's restaurants. I flew home the evening of the 11th and was thrilled to wake up the following morning to lots of hugs and kisses from J, A, and E.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment