Sunday, February 03, 2008

I arrived home last Sunday afternoon from New York. The plane ride home was delayed, but uneventful. Justin and Alanna picked me up in San Francisco. It was so wonderful to see their smiling faces! I had a nice time visiting with Grandma Sylvia. The vascular dementia has definitely led to a decline in her memory and cognitive functioning; however, she seems content, and happy to spend time with family and friends. Her face definitely lit up when Nancy and I arrived at her apartment on Friday. We enjoyed looking at family photos together, dating back to the year of her birth in 1920. That evening we had a family Shabbos (Sabbath) dinner at Aunt Mickey's house. On Saturday, after a nice walk in Riverside park, Nancy and I headed back up to the Bronx to visit Gram. That evening, Nancy and I had dinner with my brother and sister-in-law, Bryan and Carol, who just moved to NY. We had a great time chatting and eating together. I think we spent over 3 hours in the restaurant! On Sunday morning, I packed up and Nance drove me to the airport.

No comments: